|St Andrew's Church, Kovilthottam,Kollam, Kerala. Panoramio|
The historic St Andrew's Church, Kovilthottam a colonial era Roman Catholic church is located in the Panmana–Chavara panchayat, Karunagappalli
taluk, Kollam district, Kerala, India. It is one a few Scottish churches in India and is presently active. Established in 1398, in Portuguese India. it was later rebuilt in 1779 by the Franciscan missionary Father Yovakim de Santiago. The church is also a parish church, part of the Diocese of Quilon, established in the 14th century. The Church is a popular pilgrimage center and is also an important tourist destination as it is set in a beautiful, serene place that has many tourist attractions.
|St Andrew's Church, Kovilthottam,Kollam Wikimapia|
|Kovilthottam village, Kerala Triposo|
Kovilthottam is a small, quiet village in the coastal area of Kerala and is a port, between Chavara T.S. canal, part of the Kerala backwaters and Arabian sea to its west; it can be accessed from Chavara from the iron footbridge.
|Kollam city Police - Kerala Police|
Here the masses are held in English and and the church follows the Roman Rite liturgy. Way back in 1779, the Portuguese church built in Colonial style, was dedicated to St Andrew. Since the church building became old and weak, it was renovated in the 2000s, and subsequently consecrated by the Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Quilon, Stanley Roman in 2006. The consecration ceremony was followed by a public meeting which will be inaugurated by the Minister for Fisheries, Dominic Presentatio. Minister for Public Works M.K. Muneer was the chief guest.During festival times, lots of people visit this place.