|Prasnottara Ratna Malika of Sankaracharya Sanskrit EnglishSanskrit eBooks|
That which is given at the right moment (when needed).
02. What comes along with us like a shaft till death ?
The sin committed in secrecy. (will haunt till one goes to the grave).
03. By whom is this world conquered ?
By the person who has truthfulness and endurance. (though belated, one will be victorious).
04. In whom lies the control of community of
One who speaks the truth and is kind and humble.
05.To what should one stick ?
To the right path where-in the seen and the unseen
|Sri Adi Sankara rssing.com|
Expecting no return (helping people without reward or accolades).
07. Who is a friend ?
One who saves from sin (in a moment of aberration, if one is about to commit a sin, a true friend will save him).
08. What do those who have destroyed
ignorance specially urge repeatedly ?
Charity along with sweet words, knowledge with humility,
courage with patience, wealth with renunciation. These
four auspicious things are hard to attain.
09. What is to be grieved over ?
Miserliness (he is neither of use to himself nor of to the society).
10. Which place is to be shunned ?
One abounding in wicked people and ruled by a
greedy king ( such bad things impact the people).
11. And who is the fit recipient of the gift of food ?
The hungry (removing hunger is a great art of charity).
12. Who is to be grieved over in this world ?
One who is not a giver even when there is wealth.
13. What is to be contemplated day and night ?
The feet of the Lord, not the worldly life.
14. What is to be earned by people ?
Knowledge, wealth, strength, fame and merit.
15. Which is the destroyer of all good qualities ?
|(Guru Govinda Bhagavatpada, Shankara with his guru Guru Adi Shankara|
16. Who is the enemy ?
Lust (it will drive the man to the edge of the cliff).
17. What is to be well protected ?
Good name, devoted wife and discernment.
18. What is the Kalp?
A creeper in the world ?
Knowledge imparted to the earnest student.
19. What is heinous ?
Cruelty (cruelty to humans and animals as well).
20. What is more painful than death to a respected
Infamy. (it will push a man from sublime to disgrace).
21. Who grows ?
22. What is good fortune for those who have body ?
Health (with good health, one can conquer the world).
23. Who is the protector of the world ?
24. What is the cause of livelihood for everyone?
That is rain.
25. Who is brave ?
One who protects those in fright.
26. And who is the protector ?
It is the preceptor.
27. Who is the perceptible goddess ?