|Portrait of Sir Edwin Lutyens. © Commonwealth War Graves Commission|
|.The Parliament House, New Delhi. thestatesman.com|
The Parliament House in New Delhi designed by none other than the famous Sir Edwin Lutyens and his associate Sir Herbert Baker was opened ceremoniously on 18 January 1927 by the then Gov. General Lord Irwin. On February 12, 1921 the Duke of Connaught laid the foundation in a simple ceremony. The cost of construction was about rs. 83 lakhs and it took 6 years to comple the work.
|Rastrapathi Bhavan, New Delhi. forefront: Jaipur column.en.wikipedia.org|
|New Delhi, The south Block en.wikipedia.org|
|.Viceroy's House (Rashtrapathi Bhavan), Delhi. architectural-review.com|
Lutyens' Delhi is an area in New Delhi, India, named after Sir Edwin Lutyens and he was behind for much of the architectural landscape of Delhi during the period of the British Raj, when Delhi became the capital of the Raj in 1911(its previous capital was Calcutta (Kolkata) in the early part of the 20th century. From the 1920s through 1940s .his work dominated the capital city including the Lutyens Bungalow Zone (LBZ). The railway station near Ajmiri gate came up in 1926, as part of expansion of the Indian railways.
|New Delhi, North Block en.wikipedia.org|