As for the measles, the microbe is so small and tough that it is able to stay suspended in the air for up to two hours after an affected person had sneezed or coughed; it may be the only viruses that can exist as a true aerosol.
It is said that the new corona virus can exist as an aerosol- in liquid or solid (the virus) suspended in a gas (like air) only under very limited conditions. Scientists are of the view that pandemic is
not caused by this transmission route. ''But “limited” conditions does not mean “no” conditions, underlining the need for health care workers to have high levels of personal protection....in case
of production of corona virus aerosol'' . “I think the answer will be, aerosolization occurs rarely but not never,” said microbiologist
and physician Stanley Perlman of the University of Iowa''.
Corona virus can be transmitted via air by two ways. When it is in
droplet form, it is airborne for a few seconds after someone sneezes or coughs. Then it travels only a short distance before gravitational forces push it down. If a person is close to it in that given ''active period'', it is likely, he can therefore be infected. So is the case of a person who comes into contact with virus-containing droplets that fall onto a surface (my be metal or plastic). The new corona virus can survive on surfaces for several hours; hence the importance of hand-washing after touching a surface in a public place.
An aerosol being in a physical state, particles are held in the air by physical and chemical forces. Take for example fog which is an aerosol; water droplets remain suspended in the air for hours or more, depending on factors such as heat and humidity. If virus particles, on droplets of mucus or saliva, may remain suspended in air and if a person goes past that pathogenic patch can become infected.
It’s more evidence that [Covid-19] is predominantly spread through droplets and not as an aerosol,” LeVasseur of Drexel University said. The aerosolized virus particles are, at worst, rare in real-world conditions as confirmed by the absence of infections in some household members of patients suggests
|corona virus scare. global.chinadaily.com.|
|corona virus precaution. times of India.com|
01. Avoid traveling out of the State, gathering in public places for the next 15 days.
02. Avoid places of worships, beaches, commercial complexes, markets, weddings and other social functions.
03. Ensure personal hygiene, wash hands with soap, while entering house and at regular intervals; avoid touching face with hands.
04. Parents to ensure children don’t play in groups; to ensure that children wash their hands with soaps.
05. All office-goers in government and private offices are to carry disinfectants for their personal safety.
06. In case of cough or fever, avoid going to office and those with Coronavirus symptoms should proceed to government hospital immediately.