The health benefits of yogurt:
01. Improves Immune System: In another study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, it was found that yogurt “could be an effective probiotic dietary supplement for enhancing some aspects of cellular immunity in the elderly.”
04. Enhances Brain Function: Yogurt containing over 600 milligrams of potassium per 8 ounces serving is good for nerve health and balancing fluid in the body. Good bacteria content in , yogurt enhances cognitive function as well as mood. It is beneficial to reduce chronic pain and nervous disorders like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and autism
05. Benefit to Heart Health: The high fat content in yogurt is a controversial issue. There’s no confirmed evidence to show that yogurt’s fat content is harmful to your heart. Studies show that it may even be beneficial to heart health. Saturated fat from whole milk products promotes good cholesterol that keep the cardiovascular health in check.
06. Remedy for Symptoms of Asthma: Yogurt has anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce the symptoms of asthma. The good bacteria in it also lowers the risk of attacks in physically active suffers. Shortness of breath, tightness, wheezing caused by narrowing of airways is painful because they cause inflammation and breathing difficulties. Yogurt will reduce such bouts.
07. Prevents Hypertension: research studies point out that yogurt consumption will lower BP. Consistent yogurt eaters had lower BP than those non or poor eaters of yogurt. It has plenty of potassium which is a BP regulator. It promotes good cardiac health without adding fat.
08. Reduces the Risk of Diabetes: Extensive studies show that eating yogurt at least four times a week may reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. According to one research study the diet of 4,000 people was observed for 11 years, and found that those with the highest yogurt consumption had a lower risk of getting diabetes by 24 percent than others.
09. Regulation of Cholesterol Levels: A study on Yogurt eaters also showed higher levels of HDL ‘good’ cholesterol and it confirms the benefit of controlling cholesterol if one takes yogurt regularly
10. Faster Workout Recovery: Consumption of yogurt replenishes our lost energy after a work-out. Yogurt contains proteins and carbohydrates that body can assimilate to rejuvenate the fatigued muscles. Yogurt with low sugar and fat will yield desired results.
11. Reduces Risk of Colorectal Cancer: It is more common among women than men and yogurt reduces the risk as it promotes healthy digestive tract and good bowl movement.
13. Nourishes Hair: Healthy hair gives confidence to both men and women. Yogurt has moisturising properties that promotes strong and healthy hair growth. It controls hair fall, keep it soft, calms frizz, and helps repair damaged hair. Yogurt has anti-fungal property, making it a superb remedy for dandruff. Besides it balances the pH levels of the scalp by regulating
14. Enhances Complexion: If you want to give sheen to your skin, yogurt is a good bet. The lactic acid in it acts as an exfoliating agent, removing the top-most layer of dead skin cells to reveal more elastic and brighter skin. Keeping the face well-hydrated once a week is good for the face and it is done by yogurt face-mask. It is a good remedy for acne and pimples as lactic acid and zinc do the trick here. Pigmentation caused by acne can be controlled if treated with lemon juice with yogurt. This simple skin care reduces your trip to the Skin-care clinics.
15. Helps digestion: Some probiotics found in yogurts, such as Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteria, have been shown to reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. The following references are quite useful.