|St. Stephen’s Church Delhi sarsonkekhet.in|
St. Stephen’s Church, located on the busy Church Mission Road in old Delhi is a historical church built in 1862. It was constructed by Anglican missionaries and DPW Engineers and it is now part of Church of North India Diocese of Delhi. The famous St. Stephen’s College and St.Stephen’s Hospital are also within the same compound. The Anglican mission Society for the Propagation of the Gospel was responsible for building this church to take care of the spiritual needs of the early European settlers and the newly converts. This organization was given full support by the Cambridge Mission to Delhi which founded the St. Stephen's College which is now affiliated to Delhi University.
|St. Stephen’s Church Delhi victorianweb.org|
|St. Stephen’s Church Delhi. lickr.com|
empire/india/12c.html). The church has high ceiling with baroque style of decoration which gives the feeling of divinity and a sense of sanctity prevailing on the premises.