Carefully follow the tips given below. You can't achieve success overnight, however, if you try them hard in a short time you can see a change in your personality.
01. The first and fore most thing about you is your appearance. You may be smart and intelligent, but if you are careless about your appearance, it will not help you. First of all Walk or stand upright and be immaculate in your appearance with proper formal or informal dress, shoes, matching tie, etc. When you sit do not droop and sit straight as drooping is a sign of insecurity and lethargy. Particularly when you face interviews, you have to be careful.
02. When it comes to dress for official meetings, wear color-coordinated professional dress and do not go for poorly matching ones. Your dress must be neatly pressed and clean. Proper dress is very important when you meet a person for the first time. Learn to dress yourself according to the occasion and the person you are meeting.
03. If you happen to shake hands with others on official work, or otherwise shake hands firmly. It shows that you have confidence and some grip over you. It also implies warmth and firmness.
04. When you talk to people, especially new acquaintances, it is imperative that you must have direct eye contact and look at the other person face to face. Do not ever look over the shoulder of other person or side ways. It means that you are not showing any interest in the meeting. Keeping an eye contact is essential as it tells the person that you are interested in listening to him/her. It also implies that you stay attentive. Staring is altogether different. 05. Once you have known a person, when you see him or her after a long interval, enquire about him/her and his/her family. Some people will be impressed by such enquiry and it shows that you care about him/her. This will help the other person come closer and develop friendship with you.
06. In the course of your conversation, be it business related or other wise, do not ever criticise other organisations or other people. Like wise do not indulge in profanity.
07. Mincing words or giving indirect answer is not good for professional people. Be firm when you answer or ask questions.
08. While on business duty, avoid loose talk and do not pass judgement on others. Do not pretend. Pretention is a bad habit.
09. Avoid talking loudly, shouting or making gestures is not good. Like wise don't talk in low voice. When you do not talk loud enough it may irritate the other person.
10. When you deal with women as part of your work or casually, you ought to be careful and behave in a civilized manner. A little bit of etiquette is necessary. When getting in or getting out of car or entering a room, you must open the door for the ladies. While having dinner with women see to it they sit comfortably first.
11. Biting fingernails while talking is another sign of nervousness; keep your hands on your side or on your laps while talking to someone.
|Amanda J. Pigford|
|East Coast Match|
14. If you are sitting with people on the table while making a business deal or having formal talk, then keep your hands off the table while talking; don’t speak while eating.
15. Don’t keep fidgeting as this shows that you are getting nervous.
16. If you sweat a lot, keeping a deodorant or mild perfume handy and it will help you not to be misjudged as a stinker. Like wisw wear clean socks daily. Dirty socks are equally bad.
|Can Stock Photo|
18. People make connection and long for your company if you are easy-going and well-mannered. Confidence is the key to making a good and lasting impression and it can help you communicate easily with people.
19. It is significant that you do not interrupt the other person while he/she is talking. It is better to wait for him/her to finish whatever he/she is trying to convey and then put in your point. Further, try to talk in a convincing way and do not be repetitive.
Most of all, if you trust your self and be confident, nothing will stand in your way to gain friendship and success.