|10.5 cm (4.1 in) gun from Emden, in Hyde Park, Sydney.2007. indiandefence.com|
|Emden shelling. high court bldg, madras indiandefence.com/|
|1914 SMS Emden. Bombing Madras city, British India. en Wikipedia.org|
The following questions remain unanswered so far:
01. The Emden, over a span of 15 days, had already sent to the bottom several merchant ships of Italy, Britain and Australia before the attack on Madras. Their mission was to destroy the harbor, etc. Why did it not happen?
02. They targeted neither Ft. St. George on the shore, nor the harbor areas. Why?
03. Despite blackout order, the coast was illuminated and the lighthouse on the dome of the Madras High court building was flashing the beam and guiding the ships at sea. With powerful guns on the starboard facing the shore, Emden could have pulled down the court building along with the lighthouse. It was not to be. What was the reason?
04. Emden stayed offshore just 30 minutes 9.30 pm to 10pm. Had it stayed a bit longer and its mission was just demolition of the Coastal Madras city's military installations. She could have done it very easily. It never happened!!
05. Were the German sailors poor marksmen and missed the target? No, it is not true.
06. With no warships around near the harbor, why did the German cruiser fail to capitalize on a good opportunity to show her firepower?
|Emden with 4th fake smokestack. www.youtube.com|
|Madras High Court bldg. 2nd largest judcial bldg. www.alamy.com|
|Alexander von Müller (March 24, 1854-April 18,1940.panhistoria.com|
|Sydney, Australia.wreck of Emeden./s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com|