If Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, an Apostle of Non-Violence were alive to see for himself the following ....
01. Nauseating clashes between caste Hindus and Dalits across India.
02. Irregularities in elections and horse trading in the name of alliance among parties whose ideologies are poles apart.
03. Using caste as vote banks and money power to get votes.
04. Rampant corruption in every thing and every where and nepotism practiced by some higher-ups.
05. Politics has become a money-spinning business. Even the criminal have a chance.
06. Central and state ministries hit many scams. The amazing thing is, if politicians caught red handed, they know the legal holes through which they can come out unscathed.
07. Abusing and misusing political power. Grabbing of government lands for personal gains with the help of goondas - local rowdies or thugs.
08. Lately, responsible politicians have scant respect for the Supreme Court rulings as in the case of the Congress ministry of Karnataka state with respect to release of the Cauvery River water to Tamil Nadu state (a riparian state).
09. Prevalence of linguistic chauvinism in a few states. In the recent riots in Bangalore, the Kanada speaking people, without scruples had severely beaten up the Tamil speaking people and set fire to their properties, including a fleet of costly buses over a trial thing: Tamil Nadu government wanted the Cauvery water for their staving crops in the Delta region through which the river Cauvery travels and joins the Bay of Bengal. I wonder whether we are living in a United India. It was quite disgusting.
10. Frequent breakdowns of the business hours during parliament sessions.
......... positively he (Gandhi) would send our nethas either to the gallows or put them on the pillory or wield an AK 47 to make them work sincerely.
Being a torch-bearer of non-violence, he might regret why he got the freedom for the Indians and would hang his head in shame for the simple reasons that they have no idea about the unity of a country and the value of freedom.
Presented below are some of the political cartoon images of Gandhiji taken from many sources. The credit is given below each image. Cartoons relating Gandhiji and our Indian leaders might interest you. Many of them are thought-provoking.
Gandhiji and cartoons:
|Gandhi has red-eyes. He does not like the netha going in the car. Perhaps, the politician is dishonest and unfit to be in politics. www.fropky.com|
|Gandhi made the yatra to Dandi with honest people behind him. Now, our honest nethas are followed by men without scruples. www.santabanta.co|
|www.manjul.com --- Here Gandhiji seems to be in pretty happy mood and if he had a company, he would definitely do a Tango. Reason: He rejoices over the news of corrupt and dishonest politicians going to the slammer. Unfortunately Gandhiji does not know that the prison has a small crawl-space like exit (legal holes) through which our smart nethas will slip through and start over his dirty work where he left. It is a Sisyphus attempt to send the corrupt Indian nethas to the can. Because of these men with poor credibility, good politicians get a bad rap.|
|Glad Gandhiji is wearing dark glasses, If he reads what he has in his hand, he may breathe fire and brimstone. Prior to 1965 such irregularities in thegovernment were rare. www.mindthenews.com|
|passing the bucks: Gandhji's image in the currency notes (bills). If he were alive, he would be in tears. www.mindthenews.com|