|Bilva or bael trees imagelion.download|
in the Bael tree, is the singular reason for its significance in Hinduism.
Also called "Belpatra", according various scriptures, Ayurveda other studies Bilva tree has great medicinal values and is quite beneficial for a variety of ailments without any side effects. The roots, skin, leaves, fruit, everything from the tree is used to cure various ailments.The medication prepared under expert guidance has been traditionally used for centuries by Siddha medical practitioners who rely on the various herbs and medicinal plants grown
in the hilly regions of Western and Eastern Ghat mountains, Vindhaya and Himalayan mountains. The bael / bilva fruit has been known for its medicinal values since 2000 BC.
The following are the health benefits:
01. Gastric ulcer: In India people eat lots of spicy, hot food and this may create imbalance in the acidic level in the stomach, leading to ulcers. Certain phenolic compounds containing anti-oxidants in belva will help fight gastric ulcers. Bilva leaves powder is liver stimulant and improves the functions of the liver.
02. Infection: India being a tropical country, we are prone to contract some infections in the body. The extract of bael fruit has antimicrobial properties that may address this problem.
03. Respiratory problems: Air pollution and micro dust problems can not be avoided and at least they can be prevented. Respiratory disorders like asthma or cold can be controlled by using oil extracts from bael. Oil has to be applied on the scalp and rubbed well before a head bath. It will give resistance to cold.
|Bael /bilva fruiyt easyayurveda.com|
05. Diabetes: The incidence of diabetes in India has increased manifold in the last decade and now it has assumed a major health threat to the Indian population. The main reason is excess consumption of carbohydrates in the form of rice and certain types of maidha flour. As the bilva extract has certain laxatives that are beneficial in the control of blood sugar level, the Pancreas gets energized and produces the required insulin to balance the Blood sugar level at the right level.
06. Inflammation: Bilva is anti-inflammatory and is a good cure for any inflammation. If the extract is applied on the inflamed area, the swelling will go away after sometimes. The extract will get into the skin and stimulate the affected small blood veins and will help improve the blood circulation in the affected areas. Leaves of this Ayurvedic herb alleviate edema and pain. Bilva leaves powder is used for treating conditions like swelling pain in ribs.
|Bael Sherbet tongueticklers.com|
08. Bone diseases: Bael is loaded with Vitamin C and can address the various minor bone problems, bone mass weight, etc. Scurvy is preventable, if bilva extract is taken regularly.
09. Control of cholesterol: Bael leaves have such medicinal properties that are essential for the reduction of Cholesterol in the blood. The antioxidants in the bilva have high therapeutic value.
10. Diarrhoea, cholera, haemorrhoids, vitiligo: The presence of tannin in the bael fruit helps in curing diseases like diarrhea and cholera. Hemorrhoids and vitiligo can find effective cure if one takes the extract of unripe bael fruit. people with anaemic disorders, ear and eye problems can get some relief from the bael extract. In early days, to treat fractured bones, the dried powder of raw bael mixed with turmeric and ghee was applied on the affected area. Bilva root bark, unripe fruit are useful in loss of appetite, diarrhea, dysentery, sprue, pain in abdomen.
Other medical benefits:
Bilva unripe fruit, ground to paste and cooked with sugar, is very beneficial in bleeding piles.
Bilva leaf powder mixed with black pepper is used in jaundice and prevention of cholera.
Bilva is used in hemorrhoids and in other diseases with tendency of bleeding.
This Ayurvedic herb is also commonly used in the management of hemorrhoids and fluid retention in the body. It also increases the overall strength of the body.
The bael leaves and fruits do have high-level therapeutic value and address many health issues. However, consulting a local Siddha or Ayurvedha expert is very essential because the bilva leaf or fruit alone is not the panacea.