|Dinning hall,Falaknuma Palace,Hyderabad,India. en.wikipedia.org|
|Falaknuma Palace northern view. en.wikipedia.org|
Falaknuma Palace, one of the finest palaces in Hyderabad, Telangana, India and once owned by the Nizam of Hyderabad, is a huge building on a 32 acre plot in the area called Falaknuma, 5 km from Charminar. Built by Nawob Viqar-ul-Umra, Prime Minister of Hyderabad and the uncle and brother-in-law of the Nizam VI, Nawab Mir Mahboob Ali Khan Bahadur, this palace is one of the finest buildings in Hyderabad. perhaps, in entire India and is being visited by lots of tourists every day. Falak-numa means "Like the Sky" or "Mirror of the Sky" in Urdu.
|Falaknuma Palace,Hyderabad,India. www.shaadisaga.com|
|.Mumbai Enthusiasts Showcase Vintage Cars at Falaknuma palace, Hyderabad. www.newindianexpress.com|
|Taj Falaknuma Palace Hyderabad ,India. www.ampersandtravel.com|
02. The palace has rare jade collection and is believed to be one of the finest in the world.
03. The state reception room is an impressive one with well decorated ceiling; the beautiful frescoes and gilded reliefs highlight it.
04. The ball room is meant for entertaining foreign dignitaries, in particular, British officers. The unique feature of the ball room is it has two-ton manually operated organ said to be the only one of its kind in the world.
05. There are 60 lavishly decorated rooms and 22 spacious halls, having some of the finest collections of the Nizam treasure, including a vast collection of rare treasures - paintings, statues, furniture, manuscripts and books.
|The library. |
Falaknuma Palace,Hyderabad, , India,en.wikipedia.org
07. The residential part of the palace is on the ground floor with a stair way leading to the first floor. The attraction here is the marbled stairway has carved balustrades, which support marble figurines with candelabra at certain intervals.
08. The palace has indoor entertainment space with a Billiard room. Here the guests could also use it as a pool table and play games of their choice.
09. Palace is known to have the largest collection of Venetian chandeliers, with 40 138-arm Osler chandeliers in the halls.
10. It was in 1883 the telephone and electrical system was introduced and the palace has one of the largest electrical switchboards in India.
11. The palace was open to public in 2000 and is a private property of the Nizam family.
The palace is converted into a hotel under the management of the Taj group (owned by the Tata company) and the company did necessary renovation to keep up the legacy and prestige of the Nizam, without disturbing its heritage value.